STEAM KEYS: All users that purchase Interloper on PLAYISM will receive a FREE Steam key once the game is released on Steam!
With Interloper, we aim to make the RTS genre accessible, while still offering a challenging, interesting strategy experience. It's easy to learn, but hard to master. A match usually lasts less than 5 minutes, whether you play against AI or against another player online.
Interloper is 1 year old today! To celebrate we worked on an update
featuring new content, leaderboards and more. Check out the "Update" at the bottom to see exactly what is new and what has changed.
◆How to Play
Interloper is an indie online multiplayer real-time strategy game with matches that take only 5 minutes. Instead of destroying your opponent, you win by claiming domain. By predicting your opponent's movements, you corner them to claim the entire map. Interloper distills RTS mechanics to their essence, bringing a focused, stripped down, fast-paced, and accessible strategy experience.
- Fast-paced strategy that’s easy to learn, hard to master.
- Short, intense matches taking no longer than 5 minutes.
- Compete in online multiplayer, or against AI of various difficulties.
- Extensive singleplayer content revealing the depth of the game.
- View replays of other player’s matches and upload your own.
is the spiritual successor of Aril, an indie game that started out as a small
hobby project by a group of people who met each other at a jam. Since
then, Interloper has gone through no less than 5 different art styles, 2
full-fledged code bases, and many design changes, polishing the game to
a perfect shine.|
Interloper was an IGF Student Showcase winner.
Interloper, we aim to make the RTS genre accessible, while still
offering a challenging, interesting strategy experience. A lot of people
(especially those with kids or demanding jobs) told us that they don’t
play RTS games anymore because they take so much time. We want to target
people that enjoy strategy games, but don’t necessarily want hours of
tutorials, or loads of numbers and attacks or other stuff on the screen.
thing we are proud of is that we managed to make Interloper fast-paced
and easy to learn, without dumbing down the game. We feel Interloper
really stands out because it represents such a hardcore game genre (RTS)
in an accessible and unique way.
◆Development Team Members
· Maxim Schoemaker
· Simon Naus
· Bart Biermasz
· Sonya Vos
· Yme de Jong
· Eline Muijres
· Ingmar uit de Bos
- Map-specialist AI type (AI that learned from the best players)
- 2 new skirmish/multiplayer maps (High Ground and Segregation)
- Weekly and Daily best player leaderboards (Players with the biggest increase in ELO during these periods of time)
- Color blind modes (protanope, deuteranope, tritanope)
- Italian translation (Thanks to Krahos <3)
- Replay code now visible in replays (For easier sharing :)
Fixes, Improvements and Changes:
- Player wins when opponent has no domain left
- Snipers and Destroyers spawn uncharged when made in a Foundry
- Improved multiplayer for Linux users
- Fixed crash when loading too many replays
- Replays start at the point where both players have moved
- Improved menu graphics